Black Adam: An upcoming American superhero film based on the same-named DC Comics character. It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures and produced by New Line Cinema, DC Films, Seven Bucks Productions, and FlynnPictureCo. as a spin-off of Shazam! (2019) and the eleventh film in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
The film is directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and features Dwayne Johnson as Teth-Adam / Black Adam alongside Aldis Hodge, Noah Centineo, Sarah Shahi, Marwan Kenzari, Quintessa Swindell, Bodhi Sabongui, and Pierce Brosnan. The screenplay was written by Adam Sztykiel, Rory Haines, and Sohrab Noshirvani. Follow CENTRALFALLOUT for more updates on movies, television, and web-series.
Black Adam: Everything You Need To Know About Dwayne Johnson’s New Movie
Black Adam Plot
Nearly 5,000 years after acquiring the enormous powers of the Egyptian gods and then being imprisoned, Black Adam has been liberated from his earthly tomb and is prepared to unleash his particular brand of justice on the modern world.
A 4chan message board post shared details about the upcoming DC film, Black Adam. The plot of the movie is complex and involving, but if you’re unfamiliar with the character, he is a slave chosen by the Council of Wizards to be their champion.
When his wife is murdered, he becomes angry and releases the Seven Deadly Sins, causing the death of all but one member of the Council. He is then sealed in a magical tomb and remains there until the present day.
The plot of the movie follows the events from the previous film, it revolves around the life of a slave named Adam, who escapes from a tomb. His power is stolen by powerful gods and thrown out in destructive ways.
He runs out to the modern world to take revenge and settles all that’s left in half for himself. This movie has plenty of controversy surrounding it, but its plot is intriguing enough that you should at least check it out.
Black Adam Trailer
Warner Bros. has finally dropped the first trailer for Black Adam, the second film in the DC Extended Universe, starring Dwayne Johnson. Johnson is playing the titular antihero, who has super strength, endurance, and flying ability.
The film looks more ambitious than most superhero movies, with a darker tone and morally gray characters. Despite these differences, it sounds like a great movie to check out.
Black Adam Cast
- Dwayne Johnson as Teth-Adam / Black Adam: An antihero from Kahndaq was imprisoned for 5,000 years. He will be the archenemy of the superhero Shazam, whose powers come from an old wizard with the same name.
- Aldis Hodge as Carter Hall / Hawkman: An archaeologist, who is the reincarnation of an Egyptian prince and can fly with the help of his Nth metal wings. He is in charge of the Justice Society of the United States (JSA).
- Noah Centineo as Albert “Al” Rothstein / Atom Smasher: A member of the JSA who can modify his size and strength by manipulating his molecular structure.
- Sarah Shahi as Adrianna Tomaz: A university professor and part of the resistance in Kahndaq.
- Marwan Kenzari as Ishmael
- Quintessa Swindell as Maxine Hunkel / Cyclone: A member of the JSA and the granddaughter of Red Tornado who possesses the ability to manipulate wind and produce sound.
- Bodhi Sabongui as Amon
- Pierce Brosnan as Kent Nelson / Doctor Fate: A JSA member and the son of an archeologist who studied sorcery and received the magical Helmet of Fate. For the part, Brosnan wore a motion capture outfit.
In addition, unknown roles have been cast for James Cusati-Moyer, Mo Amer, and Uli Latukefu. Intergang, a criminal organization, will be portrayed in the film.
Black Adam is set to come out in the United States, by Warner Bros. Pictures on October 21, 2022, and will be available on HBO Max 45 days later.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the scheduled release date of December 22, 2021, has been postponed. Warner Bros. rescheduled the film’s release date from July 29, 2022, to October 21, 2022, due to the implications of COVID-19 on the workload of visual effects providers.
Future In DCEU
Johnson and DC announced in April 2017 that Black Adam and Shazam would appear in a future film together. After Black Adam and Shazam meet, Henry Cavill, who plays Superman in the DCEU, indicated in April 2018 that there were plans for Johnson’s Black Adam to square off against Superman in a future DCEU film.
During their “long-term partnership with DC,” Dany Garcia claimed in May 2021 that Johnson and the other producers expected to make numerous Black Adam films, while Hiram Garcia stated in July that Cavill and Johnson might feature in a future project together as Superman and Black Adam.
Hiram went on to say that they already had an outline for future films and spin-offs starring Black Adam and the JSA, which would be contingent on the first film’s success, and that characters other than Shazam and Superman, such as Wonder Woman, were being considered as potential future rivals for Black Adam.