How to fix Windows 10 laptop that is blocked in but is not charging Hi, Guys. Today I will be sharing much exciting information.
Please move on to the article, and I enjoyed reading it.
Fixing laptop that is blocked in but is not charging
Supporting Windows 7 has officially ended, which means it is time to upgrade Windows 10 to keep the old PC running smoothly and securely. First, of course, one will check for issues before installing a Windows 10 update. But even then, one still may experience a hiccup after installing a previous Windows update. For example, my laptop’s battery stopped charging. So first, my computer shows it plugging in, but then at the same time. Then, it will tell me it was also not charging. Argh.
Thankfully, I find that this problem was not uncommon and will occasionally arise after a Windows update. More thankfully, there was an easy fix. Unfortunately, I have not able to reproduce it since it occurred two years ago. But the Device Manager in Windows 10 has not changed since then. So my fix is worth trying if one encounters this problem. Here is how I got my laptop’s battery back to charging when plugged in it.
Plugged in, not charging
The laptop refuses to charge the battery even though it acknowledges that it is plugged in. Then, here is what one should do.
- Opening the Device Manager by searching for it or right-click the Start button and selecting Device Manager.
- Next, click Batteries on the list to expand it. One should see two items Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Right-clicking on each item and choose Uninstall device. One is uninstalling the laptop’s battery drivers. But don’t worry because they will automatically reinstall when one restarts the computer.
- Shut down the laptop.
- Unplug the power cable from the laptop.
- Whether the laptop has a removable battery, please remove it. Unfortunately, my Lenovo laptop does not have a removable battery. I try skipping this step, but it did not work, so I removed my computer’s bottom panel. Then removes the battery by disconnecting it from the motherboard.
- Put the battery back in if one removes it plugin the laptop power.
- The click battery icon in the system tray shows that the laptop is plugging in and charging.
By reinstalling my Lenovo laptop’s battery drivers and disconnecting its battery, and then reconnecting it. I got my laptop’s battery back. Of course, with differences in manufacturers, your mileage may vary. You encountered a plugged-in-not-charging problem and found a fix that differs; describe your method in the comments below.
So, it is essential information to fix Windows 10 laptop that is blocked in but is not charging.
If Queries or Questions is persisting then, please comment on the viewpoints.