Nezuko: Kamado is the deuteragonist and main female character of Demon Slayer. Kimetsu no Yaiba, a fantasy horror manga (and anime) series that ran from 2016 to 2020.
Nezuko will play a prominent role in Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie Mugen Train, a 2020 anime film based on the manga’s Mugen Train arc.
Nezuko Kamado Is the Main Female Character
She also starred as the deuteragonist in the live-action stage play Kimetsu no Yaiba: The Stage, which premiered in 2020.
- Japanese Akari Kit
- English – Abby Trott
Action on the Spot
• 2020 Stage Adaptation – Asari Takaishi
Synopsis of Nezuko
Nezuko was an ordinary girl who grew up in a poor but happy family.
Nezuko, the secondborn of the six Kamado siblings, had a close relationship with her mother and siblings.
Unfortunately, Muzan Kibutsuji, a demon, visited the Kamado household one day and murdered everyone present.
Nezuko and her older brother Tanjiro, who had been away at the time, were the only survivors of the carnage. Only because Kibutsuji had turned Nezuko into a monster was she able to survive. Unfortunately, Nezuko developed a great need for human blood and attacked Tanjiro as a result.
After a Demon Slayer named Giyu Tomioka arrived on the scene, Nezuko was able to control her desire to consume and defend her brother, despite Tanjiro’s best efforts to shield her from the Slayer. As a result, Tomioka spared the Kamado siblings and told Tanjiro to study under his previous master in order to become a Demon Slayer.
Should Nezuko ever take a human life, Tanjiro, Giyu, and Sakonji (who guaranteed Nezuko’s non-aggression) must kill Nezuko and do seppuku as a reparation for her violation, despite the fact that the Lord of Demon Slayer Corps. has sanctioned her ongoing existence. That day, thankfully, never came.
Despite the fact that she had never eaten a person, Nezuko accompanied her brother on his mission to find a cure for her and kill Muzan Kibutsuji. Nezuko is extremely powerful for a fledging Demon because she was infused with a big portion of Muzan Kibutsuji’s Demon blood.
Personality of Nezuko
Nezuko was a nice and caring human who, like her older brother Tanjiro, put others before herself and was a responsible older sister to her younger siblings. Even after being reverted to a human state, Nezuko is not reluctant to put herself in harm’s path, shielding her friends from Demons.
However, as a Demon, Nezuko appears to have forgotten a large chunk of her human memories, save from those relating to her family, and so does not have the same personality she had prior to change.
Although this is largely due to Sakonji Urokodaki’s influence on her while she was asleep for two years, she is still highly kind and protective of humans she considers to be members of her family.
Nezuko retains some of her human feelings, as she has been observed crying when sad and smiling when joyful, although she appears more detached than her human counterparts, despite being calmer and less nasty than other Demons.
Nezuko appears to have grown bolder since becoming a Demon, and she no longer fears combat; she passionately shields both her brother and her companions.
She has also developed a strong willpower, as evidenced by her refusal to devour human flesh or blood, even in the face of extreme damage or exposure to human blood, as evidenced by her rejection to bite Sanemi Shinazugawa when he tries to entice her with his Marechi blood.
Her great willpower is demonstrated when she freely rushes in front of Inosuke to protect him from her own brother, who had turned into a Demon and was attempting to kill those around him. Despite the fact that she could have been killed, Nezuko acted without hesitation.
Nezuko has been known to stutter a lot when she tries to speak, which could be owing to her bamboo mouthpiece, which is rarely removed, and the fact that she didn’t speak for a long time after her metamorphosis.
Her speech has improved as a result of growing tolerance to sunlight, which allows her to go outside and contact with others more regularly. She can now fully pronounce phrases if someone else has recently spoken them or if she hears them repeated frequently enough.
- In the twenty-first century, Touko Agatsuma, Nezuko’s great-granddaughter, has an obvious resemblance to Nezuko herself, implying that Nezuko and Zenitsu Agatsuma married and had children (probably also a son, so that the surname Agatsuma has passed in several generations). This was verified in the extra tankoubon chapter 205.5, where the couple married.
- Today, Nezuko and Zenitsu’s descendants dwell in the large mansion, while her brother’s descendants live in an apartment. The Agatsuma family may have become affluent, according to readers. It is uncertain whether the Agatsuma family grew wealthy while Zenitsu and Nezuko were still alive.
- Akari Kit, her Japanese voice actor, also played Kanata Konoe in Love Live! Barbara Pegg in Genshin Impact, Nene Yashiro in Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun, Noa Himesaka in WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me, and Nijigasaki High School Idol Club. Akari performed with her fingers on her mouth to portray demonised Nezuko as realistically as possible.
- Abby Trott, who also voiced Windblade in the Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy series and Kim Wu in Killer Instinct 2, is her English voice actor. Abby performed while wearing a gag over her mouth to portray demonic Nezuko as honestly as possible.